In the episode columns, the name in each box is the name of the person that camper voted against. The color indicates the voter's fate. If the camper did not vote, or if no vote was taken, the box says "n/a", for "not applicable". If a vote was taken, but the breakdown was not disclosed, then "n/a" means "not available".
- Episode 1 had neither challenge nor vote nor elimination.
- Tyler voted against Beth in episode 2, and was in the Bottom Two himself.
- Owen voted against Gwen in episode 3, but it didn't save him.
a member of the Killer Muskies during the team phase
a member of the Screaming Eagles during the team phase
was on the winning team (team phase) or won the challenge (individual phase)
didn’t win the challenge, but got bonus invincibility (individual phase)
had no votes against, or the vote totals were not disclosed, or no vote was taken
had votes against, but was not in the bottom 2 (or occasionally 3)
was in the bottom 2 (or 3) but was not voted off
was voted off, but stayed in the game thanks to an irregular elimination
was eliminated normally, by vote
was eliminated under irregular circumstances
Reasons for Elimination
Eaten by sharks. (Beth reprieved after being voted off)
|2||Owen||Believed to have cost his team the challenge when he gassed Gwen and Trent|
|3||Trent||Blindsided by Heather and Cody. Heather wanted to hurt Gwen, and Cody wanted to get a romantic rival out of the way.|
Injured Courtney and was believed to have indirectly cost her team the challenge as a result
Too distractible for his team's liking. Lost the tiebreaker.
Wimped out of his phobia test, and got the girls mad at him when they heard how badly he dissed Beth
The RCMP came for her after she set off a nuclear bomb, so she fled. (Courtney reprieved after being voted off)
Backstabbed by Heather and Cody. Heather saw her as a potential betrayal threat, and Cody saw her as an obstacle to Noah hooking up with Katie.
Injured and not expected to recover before the merge. His shorthanded team didn't want to risk trying to carry a nonperformer.
Her temper got the better of her once too often
Chris forced her teammates to vote her off after Beth obtained alcohol for the campers' party
Performed poorly in the challenge (as usual) and was on the wrong side of a majority alliance
|Name||Status||Days Since Last "Sighting"||Comments|
|Alejandro||Alive||0||Appears in the current chapter (27th Night)|
|Anne Maria||Dead||n/a||Anne Maria does not appear, but other interns discuss her fate whilst attending to Sadie after the latter's ordeal during the camping challenge (episode 6, Tenth Night). Anne Maria is implied to have burned to death when the chemicals in her pouf hairdo ignited as she was fighting the amphitheater fire during the talent show challenge (episode 5, Eighth Night).|
|B||Alive||0||Appears in the current chapter|
|Beardo||Alive||0||Appears in the current chapter. First Pahkitew Islander to appear (episode 10, Sixteenth Night)|
|Brick||Presumably dead||n/a||Brick has not appeared, but the fact that a memorial event was named after him suggests that he is dead.|
|Cameron||Dead||26||The timing and circumstances of Cameron's death have not been revealed, but a comment by Master Chief Hatchet during the boot camp challenge (episode 12, 20th Night) suggests that Cameron met his end at least several days prior, possibly during the "Boney Island Massacre". Last seen tending to Sadie after her ordeal during the camping challenge (episode 6, Tenth Night).|
|Carrie||Presumably alive||6||Last seen after the boot camp elimination ceremony. Implied to be alive as of Ella's funeral. First Ridonculous Racer to appear (episode 12, 21st Night)|
|Dave||Presumably alive||n/a||Dave has not appeared, but is mentioned as having tested the obstacle course to verify that the wounded Gwen could realistically handle it (episode 12, 20th Night). Implied to be alive as of Ella's funeral.|
|Dawn||Alive||0||Appears in the current chapter|
The apparently human "Ella" was actually the juvenile form of a forest spirit named Perola, and Ella's apparent "death" turned out to be caused by the newly adult Perola casting off her no longer needed physical body. Perola is incorporeal in her adult form, which somewhat resembles an animated tree and is visible only to people with certain mystic perceptions. It is implied that Perola will eventually forget most of her human existence.
|Ennui||Alive||0||Appears in the current chapter|
|Jasmine||Alive||0||Appears in the current chapter|
|Jo||Dead||21||Slain by giant carnivorous beavers (essentially rodent versions of bears) during the "Boney Island Massacre" (episode 8, 13th Night)|
|Leonard||Presumably alive||9||Last seen in the boot camp challenge, Day 1. Implied to be alive as of Ella's funeral.|
|Lightning||Dead||21||Killed in a rockslide during the "Boney Island Massacre"|
|Rodney||Injured, departed||12||Mentioned in 25th Night (episode 15) as having been injured and med-evaced. Expected to recover, but out for the season. Last seen during the trust challenge (episode 11, 19th Night).|
|Ryan||Alive||0||Appears in the current chapter|
|Scarlett||Injured||0||Appears in the current chapter. Her knee injury is serious enough to require a brace.|
|Scott||Presumably alive||5||Last appeared after the extreme sports challenge (ep. 13, 23rd Night) and Implied to be alive as of Ella's funeral. First Revenge of the Island character to appear (episode 5, Seventh Night)|
|Shawn||Presumably Alive||5||Last seen during the Chicken Jousting subchallenge (ep. 13, 22nd Night). Implied to be alive as of Ella's funeral.|
|Sky||Presumably Alive||2||Last seen during the hiatus following the eating challenge (ep. 15, 25th Night). Implied to be alive as of the current chapter.|
|Staci||Unknown||28||Staci is described but not identified by name when Heather flags her down during the Makeover Scene (episode 6, Eighth Night)|
Confirmed dead (4): Anne Maria, Cameron, Jo, Lightning
Presumably dead (1): Brick
Define "dead" (1): Ella
Status unknown (1): Staci
Presumably alive (10): B, Carrie, Beardo, Dave, Dawn, Leonard, Rodney, Scott, Shawn, Sky
Confirmed alive (2): Alejandro, Scarlett
NOTE: Although it is technically possible for an intern to die within seconds of their last “sighting”, for purposes of this listing anyone who appears on the most recent day of the story’s chronology is “confirmed alive” unless otherwise noted. Interns who have appeared in the last week or so of the story’s chronology are “presumably alive” unless otherwise noted.
Original intern corps: Alejandro, Anne Maria, B, Brick, Cameron, Jo, Lightning, Scott, Staci + 4 others
Pregame: unidentified intern dies (eaten by sharks)
Episode 2: unidentified intern dies (mauled by bear)
Episode 4 pregame: two unidentified interns die (construction accident)
Episode 5 pregame: Rodney, Shawn + 11 others arrive
Episode 5: Anne Maria + unidentified intern die (burned to death fighting the amphitheatre fire)
Episode 8 pregame (the “Boney Island Massacre”): Jo dies (slain by giant beavers); Lightning dies (rockslide); several unidentified interns die (rockslide/beavers)
Episode 10 pregame: Beardo, Carrie, Dave, Dawn, Ella, Leonard, Scarlett, Sky + 5 others arrive
Episode 12: Cameron's earlier death mentioned; Brick's earlier death implied
Episode 13: Ella dies, sort of (natural causes)
Episode 15: unidentified intern dies (eaten by snake)
NOTE: Additional intern deaths and injuries not mentioned in the narrative should be assumed.
- In a Star Trek reference, the interns wear bright red pullover shirts as part of their uniform, and so are commonly called "redshirts". The intern's uniforms--and life expectancies--are similar to those of Captain Kirk's security personnel.
- Lindsay's hair is burned in an accident during the talent show challenge (episode 5, Seventh Night). In the following chapter, she gets a new, short hairdo and becomes a brunette. Her outfit remains much the same as before, but with darker and richer colors, making her look "more earth goddess than sun goddess" according to the Storyteller.
- Katie and Sadie get makeovers after giving one to Lindsay (episode 6, Eighth Night) to show solidarity with their stricken ally. They replace their little girl pigtails with big hair, and start wearing sundresses instead of their original (and canonical) skimpy shorts and midriff-baring shirts. After barely surviving a night alone in the woods (episode 6, Ninth-Tenth Nights) their dresses are too badly torn to restore to their original state, but Eva convinces Katie and Sadie to continue wearing their visibly mended sundresses as badges of courage.
- Ezekiel's cheek is gashed in an accident during the trust challenge (episode 11, Nineteenth Night). This wound requires stitches to close, appears likely to leave a permanent scar, and earns Ezekiel the affectionate nickname of "Zipperface".
- After Gwen is seriously injured in an accident during the trust challenge (episode 11, Nineteenth Night) she has her left arm in a sling and her left wrist in a cast, presumably for the next several episodes if not for the rest of the summer. She also loses the pinky finger from her left hand in this accident.
- Ella/Perola's mature spirit form resembles an animated tree three or four meters tall, with a vaguely humanoid face.
- Scarlett appears in the Labors of Heracles challenge with a heavy brace on one knee.
In addition to canonical changes such as contestants appearing in swimwear or sleepwear from time to time and Chef Hatchet wearing military garb for the boot camp challenge, the reimagining adds the following noteworthy changes.
- Katie, Sadie and Courtney wear evening dress for their talent show acts. Lindsay wears an extremely revealing dance costume (a repurposed bikini with many sequins and suchlike added) for her talent show act with Justin.
- Heather gets a makeover when her allies do (episode 6, Eighth Night) and resembles Audrey Hepburn in the latter's iconic publicity photo. Heather goes back to her standard outfit the next day because her new look was impractical for camp life, and because her real purpose in getting a makeover was merely to upstage Lindsay.
- On the off day before the trust challenge (Episode 11, Seventeenth Night) Courtney and Leshawana appear in leotards during a yoga session with Eva.
- During the paintball deer hunt (episode 9, Fourteenth Night) the campers wear protective clothing and clear face shields. The hunters wear camo and the "deer" wear faux buckskin.
- Katie loans her injured teammate Gwen a striped tube top for the boot camp challenge (episode 12, Nineteenth Night). The tube top leaves Gwen's heavily taped left shoulder plainly visible.
- Chris appears in a general's costume at various times during the boot camp challenge (episode 12, 19th-21st Nights).
- Before Beth's "execution" during the boot camp elimination ceremony (episode 12, 21st Night) Alejandro undoes her side ponytail, finger-combs her hair down and fits her with a face shield as he prepares her to face the firing squad.
- During the rodeo moose riding and the moose cowboy polo rounds of the extreme sport challenge (episode 13, 22nd Night) Dawn and Ella appear dressed as cowgirls.
- During Labors of Heracles challenge, Bridgette wears buckskin, antlers and deer tail matching her hair color when she plays the Golden Hind.