Welcome to... Featured Stories! Each month a new story becomes featured. If you'd like to nominate your story, enter it below. See the Rules section below for voting instructions.
EDIT (2 May 2013): All story nominations deleted to eliminate clutter and start over fresh. You are free to re-nominate your story if it hasn't already been featured.
Featured Story ListEdit
- You must have an account and 100 total edits to vote. There is no edit minimum to nominate a story.
- You must be logged in to vote and you must sign your vote, so the administrators can verify voter eligibility.
- Nominated stories must be at least 50 percent complete. This does not apply to story collections where each chapter stands more or less alone and there is no fixed endpoint.
- Please put new nominations at the bottom of the page.
- Nominees receiving 5 or more Oppose votes may be removed from the ballot at the discretion of the Administrators.
- Vote on as many stories as you wish, but only once per story. You may not vote for your own story.
- The following rules must be followed when opposing a story:
- You must provide a reason for your vote. "No" and "Sorry" are not reasons.
- Oppose votes that appear to be needlessly harsh will be removed. If it's worth saying, it can be said politely.
- Please try to provide constructive criticism. This is the whole point of the Oppose option, because Oppose votes aren't actually counted.
- "I want another story to win" votes will be removed. If you want another story to win, then cast a Support vote for the other story and leave it at that.
- "I like another one of your stories better" votes will be removed. The only stories you should be comparing a nominee to are the other nominees.
In the event of a tie, the ballot will remain open until the tie is broken.
Add nominations below
Figured I'd nominate a beach themed story for June.
- Long overdue. :P But in that moment, I swear, we were infinite. 16:56, June 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I LOVE THIS STORY! ;D “If you only face forward, there is something you will miss seeing.” 16:01, June 17, 2013 (UTC)
- This should win. :D "Eat yo' rice!" "Don't tell me to do nothin'." "Eat yo' rice!" 04:29, June 18, 2013 (UTC)
I know it's a bit on the short side, 1300 words, but from a technical standpoint it's the best writting I've done yet!
Okay I know what your thinking ugh not this Household Hilarity rubbish again, but it's season 2 the writing has improved to prose and the characters have longer dialougue and theres new challenges which last longer , I'm nearly done it and Household Hilarity 3 is coming and it will improve so oppose or support to tell me what I'm doing wrong and right to see an even better season- Len Vennyson (talk) 19:39, May 13, 2013 (UTC)
- I love that you changed it from script to prose, it really shows that you're learning and that you're open to advice. Definitely support. But in that moment, I swear, we were infinite. 16:56, June 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Baby, I was Born This Way! 15:29, June 17, 2013 (UTC)
Oppose (tell me how to improve)Edit
- "Total Drama Island Fanfiction Wiki" clues in the name tbh, not some Inanimate Insanity or Battle for Dream Island Fanfiction wiki, sorry but I think its should be only TD related featured stories. Sorry. “If you only face forward, there is something you will miss seeing.” 16:00, June 17, 2013 (UTC)
- It's still mostly script format, but with the speaker tags at the end of the sentence instead of the beginning. That isn't necessarily a problem in and of itself, and the bigger problem is that this story reads more like a roleplay camp than a proper story. The dialogue seems fairly random and consists mostly of short, declarative sentences. Since dialogue is really all this story offers, it would benefit hugely from a more natural dialogue pattern that mixes short and long sentences. It also seems to me that you're largely wasting the unique concept of having inanimate objects as contestants. A few of the labels fit (most notably Soap as "The Neat Freak"), but most just seem arbitrary. Why, for example is Deodorant "The Sadistic One" or Toilet Paper "The Scared Girl"? To get the most out of the premise, you need more correlation between the objects' natures and their personalities. For example, Football could be a jock, Laptop a "walking encyclopedia" type, Toilet Paper a ruthless competitor who is *ahem* willing to get her hands dirty to get what she wants, and so on. I've seen worse stories on this site, believe me, but this really isn't Featured Story material. Gideoncrawle I have a song to sing, O! Sing me your song, O! A wandering minstrel, I-- 02:33, June 18, 2013 (UTC)
Administrator's Note: It has always been our policy that any story allowed to be posted here in the first place is eligible for the FS ballot if it's far enough along. It has likewise always been our policy that a story following the elimination game format can have any characters under the sun and still be considered TD-related. Gideoncrawle I have a song to sing, O! Sing me your song, O! A wandering minstrel, I-- 02:33, June 18, 2013 (UTC)
I know it's not done yet, but I consider this story to be the best-written of my trilogy, and about on par with my oneshot about Gwen and Trent. Since I finally had complete control over the eliminations, I could take this story any direction I wanted, and I'm pretty proud of the result. I consider it my fanfiction magnum opus. --Fedora Kid.