The stories on this wiki have tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of memorable moments, be they dialogue or narrative. But now we're about to find a favorite! Nominate a quote that meets the guidelines below, and see if it comes out on top! Vote either Support or Oppose.
EDIT (1 November 2015): All nominations have been cleared to eliminate clutter and start fresh. If you have not been featured yet, feel free to nominate yourself again.
- Don't take the word "Quote" literally. Narrative passages can be just as quoteworthy as dialogue.
- Please identify the story that the Quote comes from.
- You may nominate Quotes from other people's stories without permission (but see rule #5 below).
- If you nominate a Quote from a story that you did not write or collaborate on, then you must identify yourself as the nominator. This is necessary because of Rule #6 below.
- A story's author has veto power over Quotes from that story. If you object to a particular Quote that someone else has nominated from your story (e.g. because it gives away a spoiler), then you may remove that nominee for any reason or for none, with no questions asked.
- Only one Quote per story per nominator. In other words, two people could each nominate a Quote from Story X, but one person may not nominate two Quotes from it. One person could, however, nominate one Quote from Story X and one Quote from Story Y.
- Please limit nominations to 100 words or less. "Near-miss" Quotes that exceed this limit by only a few words may be allowed at the Ballot Administrator's discretion. Exception: Uninterrupted monologues may be any length.
- Please be aware of spoiler potential when nominating a Quote from someone else's story.
- No in-jokes, please. Quotes must be understandable outside the context of the story, except as noted below.
- Quotes must appear on an actual story page. Ancillary materials from character pages, blog-based previews, etc. are ineligible.
- Quotes must appear exactly as they do in the story, including formatting, except as noted below. The easiest way to comply with this rule is by copy-and-paste.
- If you need to add tags to identify speakers or subjects, please italicize them.
- If you need to add narrative text to make a line understandable out of context, enclose the added text in brackets [thusly]. This is standard journalistic practice for quoting things. Note that such added text should be only a few words, if that.
- A Quote may be shortened to meet length limitations. If you do this, replace the removed portion with an ellipsis (...).
- Any profanity too strong to use freely in a PG-13 story must be censored. (added 2 November)
- You must have an account and 100 total edits to vote. You must be logged in and your vote must be signed so the administrators can verify voter eligibility.
- Nominees receiving 5 or more Oppose votes may be removed from the ballot at the discretion of the administrators.
- Vote on as many Quotes as you wish, but only once on each. You may not vote for a Quote from your own story. This includes collaborating authors.
- If you nominate a Quote from a story that you did not write or collaborate on, then you may also vote for it.
- A nominated quote must have at least four Support votes to win, or six votes if running unopposed. If no candidate gets enough votes, there will be no Featured Quote for that month. Disallowed "winners" are eligible to run again.
- The following rules must be followed when Opposing a quote:
- You must provide a reason for your vote. "No" and "Sorry" are not reasons.
- Oppose votes that appear to be needlessly harsh or that don't observe basic rules of civility will be deleted. If it's worth saying, it can be said politely.
- Please try to provide constructive criticism. This is the whole point of the Oppose option, because Oppose votes aren't actually counted.
- "I want another quote to win" votes will be deleted. If you want another Quote to win, then cast a Support vote for the other Quote and leave it at that.
- "This isn't funny" is only a valid reason to Oppose if the Quote was meant to be funny. Votes opposing an obviously dramatic quote on the grounds that "it's not funny" will be deleted.
- Your opinion of the character(s) associated with a quote is NOT relevant to the merits of the quote itself. Featured Character is a separate ballot, so don't shoot the message.
- "There are better quotes from this story" votes will be deleted because that's irrelevant to the merits of the Quote that actually got nominated. Remember, you can nominate Quotes from other people's stories--so if you think there's a better Quote that's not on the ballot, then why not nominate it yourself?
In the event of a tie, the ballot will remain open until the tie is broken.
Enter nominations below, with new nominations at the bottom.
Aiden nodded and marched over to the others.
“Why didn’t you take the subway?” Xidorn asked.
“Oh I’ve lived in Washington D.C. my whole life,” Aiden bragged. “I would have been here sooner but I had to go see all of nation’s monuments…and cry at the symbolism and majesty of them.”
“Okay...” Xidorn replied, “but don't you live here?”
“Yeah,” Aiden stated, “That’s just what I do every morning.”
- That's TRUE patriotism! The sky's a little bit gray but in a beautiful way, and you're not too far away. 01:46, November 23, 2015 (UTC)
- Totally beautiful quote! :D <3 Jay JLOM There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row. xD 19:14, November 27, 2015 (UTC)
Lindsiot Lite: Wherever Beverages Are Sold
“Of all the crappy luck,” Heather grumbled in the confession can. “I’ve always wanted to try fugu. Here I had a chance, and I let it slip through my fingers because I was stupid enough to think that Lindsiot Lite could actually figure out what was going on. That’s what I get for listening to my conscience.”
The Dark Queen leaned forward and looked directly into the camera. With iron voice and icy eyes, she vowed, “It won’t… happen… again.”
- The sky's a little bit gray but in a beautiful way, and you're not too far away. 01:46, November 23, 2015 (UTC)
- Heather at her ... best? xD Jay JLOM There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row. xD 19:17, November 27, 2015 (UTC)
The Most Popular Of Them All
Chelsey is shown in the confessional. “I’m voting Flora! Yeah, she HAS TO GO. I’m sorry, but nobody is able to beat me in the popularity polls. After all, my label is ‘The Popular Girl.’ What’s Flora’s? ‘Some Girl.’ I mean, Who’s the clear winner here?”
“Aw, Chelsey, you’re still mad? Here, I got you a flower,” says Flora, holding up a dandelion.
“I don’t want your freaking weeds!” yells Chelsey, smacking it out of Flora’s hand. “Hmph.”
- Fresh & innovative. CK Hrey! ^_^ 00:56, November 2, 2015 (UTC)
- <3 The sky's a little bit gray but in a beautiful way, and you're not too far away. 01:46, November 23, 2015 (UTC)
- Wow!! Popularity ahoy!! xD Jay JLOM There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row. xD 19:19, November 27, 2015 (UTC)