The stories on this wiki have tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of memorable moments, be they dialogue or narrative. But now we're about to find a favorite! Nominate a quote that meets the guidelines below, and see if it comes out on top! Vote either Support or Oppose.
- Don't take the word "Quote" literally. Narrative passages can be just as quoteworthy as dialogue.
- Please identify the story that the Quote comes from.
- You may nominate Quotes from other people's stories without permission (but see rule #5 below).
- If you nominate a Quote from a story that you did not write or collaborate on, then you must identify yourself as the nominator. This is necessary because of Rule #6 below. (updated 12 November 2013)
- A story's author has veto power over Quotes from that story. If you object to a particular Quote that someone else has nominated from your story (e.g. because it gives away a spoiler), then you may remove that nominee for any reason or for none, with no questions asked.
- Only one Quote per story per nominator. In other words, two people could each nominate a Quote from Story X, but one person may not nominate two Quotes from it. One person could, however, nominate one Quote from Story X and one Quote from Story Y.
- Please limit nominations to 100 words or less. "Near-miss" Quotes that exceed this limit by only a few words may be allowed at the Ballot Administrator's discretion.
- Please be aware of spoiler potential when nominating a Quote from someone else's story.
- No in-jokes, please. Quotes must be understandable outside the context of the story, except as noted below.
- Quotes must appear on an actual story page. Ancillary materials from character pages, blog-based previews, etc. are ineligible.
- Quotes must be formatted exactly as they are in the story, except as noted below. The easiest way to comply with this rule is by copy-and-paste.
- If you need to add tags to identify speakers or subjects, please italicize them.
- If you need to add narrative text to make a line understandable out of context, enclose the added text in brackets [thusly]. This is standard journalistic practice for quoting things. Note that such added text should be only a few words, if that.
- If a Quote is in past tense in the story, it must be in past tense on the ballot. Ditto for other tenses.
- A Quote may be shortened to meet length limitations. If you do this, replace the removed portion with an ellipsis (...).
- You must have an account and 100 total edits to vote. You must be logged in and your vote must be signed so the administrators can verify voter eligibility.
- Nominees receiving 5 or more Oppose votes may be removed from the ballot at the discretion of the administrators.
- Vote on as many Quotes as you wish, but only once on each. You may not vote for a Quote from your own story. This includes collaborating authors. (updated 12 November 2013)
- If you nominate a Quote from a story that you did not write or collaborate on, then you may also vote for it.
- The following rules must be followed when Opposing a quote:
- You must provide a reason for your vote. "No" and "Sorry" are not reasons.
- Oppose votes that appear to be needlessly harsh or that don't observe basic rules of civility will be deleted. If it's worth saying, it can be said politely.
- Please try to provide constructive criticism. This is the whole point of the Oppose option, because Oppose votes aren't actually counted.
- "I want another quote to win" votes will be deleted. If you want another Quote to win, then cast a Support vote for the other Quote and leave it at that.
- "This isn't funny" is only a valid reason to Oppose if the Quote was meant to be funny. Votes opposing an obviously dramatic quote on the grounds that "it's not funny" will be deleted.
- Your opinion of the character(s) associated with a quote is NOT relevant to the merits of the quote itself. Featured Character is a separate ballot, so don't shoot the message.
- "There are better quotes from this story" votes will be deleted because that's irrelevant to the merits of the Quote that actually got nominated. Remember, you can nominate Quotes from other people's stories--so if you think there's a better Quote that's not on the ballot, then why not nominate it yourself?
In the event of a tie, the Ballot Administrator will break the tie if he hasn't already voted. Otherwise, the ballot will remain open until the tie is broken.
Due to chronic lack of participation, Featured Quote does not currently use themes.
Enter nominations below, with new nominations at the bottom.
Brian Edits Wata's Video
"Here!" Brian finished...and showed everyone. He started playing the video.
"Brian, honey," Diamond started, "this video is just a close-up of CeCe's face lip syncing."
"I know!" Brian said. "Listen, it solves our problem -- no one can see...what's in the background -- plus it has artsy value. It's just like Kinge's video for Basketball Court."
"THAT'S your genius idea?" Jaime asked.
"I love it!" CeCe and Trish said at the same time. They both reacted disgusted for a second and then returned to their faux happy demeanor.
CeCe and Trish (CONF): (in a split screen) There is something seriously weird going on with her.
- I'll be your shelter. I'll be your storm. I'll make you shiver. I'll keep you warm. 17:53, April 6, 2014 (UTC)
- Pretty cool, you know? I haven't read the chapter, but I like the quote. It's pretty cool. I can't decide if you're trying to be Ben Vereen or Randy Newman. 01:42, April 7, 2014 (UTC)
- Lyin' on a fake beach, you'll never get a tan 00:51, April 8, 2014 (UTC)
- Artsy can be great :D Jay JLOM He could lead if he would get the lead out. xD 22:30, April 9, 2014 (UTC)
Puck makes things more awkward
"All right, guys, I voted myself out. Truth is, I don't want to continue if the boy I like doesn't like me. That's the reason I even joined this game in the first place, to get a boyfriend," says Vivienne.
Everyone stares at Kai. "This couldn't possibly get more awkward..." he says.
"Beans and cornbread," says Puck in a deep, gruff voice. "It just did," says Kai.
- YESH! Space was here some time ago and he wrote stuff. 00:38, April 7, 2014 (UTC)
- Lyin' on a fake beach, you'll never get a tan 01:40, April 7, 2014 (UTC)
- Puck! <3 My awesomeness level is over 90-*shot* (talk) 18:23, April 7, 2014 (UTC)
- Per the nominating rules, passages aren't supposed to include in-jokes. Puck's line isn't understandable outside the context of the story. This passage would be a valid nominee if it ended before Puck's in-joke line. Gideoncrawle I have a song to sing, O! Sing me your song, O! A wandering minstrel, I-- 00:45, April 7, 2014 (UTC)
(NAV) ... it's not an in-joke. The thing that makes it funny is that it's supposed to be completely random and out of left field. Baaaangin' on a kettle drum won't make you notice me, though you're bored beyond belief 00:47, April 7, 2014 (UTC)
"Out of Character" Moment
“Hey, Deej,” Courtney called to her dusky teammate. “You said that your mom runs a restaurant, and you’ve shown us that you know a thing or two about cooking. It seems to me that you’d make a good Head Chef.”
“Seriously? You don’t want to be Head Chef yourself?” the incredulous brickhouse asked. He quickly recovered from his shock, though, and answered, “But sure, I’ll do it.”
“Just making use of the talent around me,” Courtney explained. “This is a team challenge, and I have to think of the team.”
Duncan narrowed his eyes and challenged, “Who are you, and what have you done with Courtney?”
- This made me chuckle x) Jay JLOM He could lead if he would get the lead out. xD 22:31, April 9, 2014 (UTC)