The stories on this wiki have tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of memorable moments, be they dialogue or narrative. But now we're about to find a favorite! Nominate a quote that meets the guidelines below, and see if it comes out on top! Vote either Support or Oppose.
- Don't take the word "Quote" literally. Narrative passages can be just as quoteworthy as dialogue.
- Please identify the story that the Quote comes from.
- You may nominate Quotes from other people's stories without permission (but see rule #5 below).
- If you nominate a Quote from a story that you did not write or collaborate on, then you must identify yourself as the nominator. This is necessary because of Rule #6 below.
- A story's author has veto power over Quotes from that story. If you object to a particular Quote that someone else has nominated from your story (e.g. because it gives away a spoiler), then you may remove that nominee for any reason or for none, with no questions asked.
- Only one Quote per story per nominator. In other words, two people could each nominate a Quote from Story X, but one person may not nominate two Quotes from it. One person could, however, nominate one Quote from Story X and one Quote from Story Y.
- Please limit nominations to 100 words or less. "Near-miss" Quotes that exceed this limit by only a few words may be allowed at the Ballot Administrator's discretion. Exception: Uninterrupted monologues may be any length.
- Please be aware of spoiler potential when nominating a Quote from someone else's story.
- No in-jokes, please. Quotes must be understandable outside the context of the story, except as noted below.
- Quotes must appear on an actual story page. Ancillary materials from character pages, blog-based previews, etc. are ineligible.
- Quotes must appear exactly as they do in the story, including formatting, except as noted below. The easiest way to comply with this rule is by copy-and-paste.
- If you need to add tags to identify speakers or subjects, please italicize them.
- If you need to add narrative text to make a line understandable out of context, enclose the added text in brackets [thusly]. This is standard journalistic practice for quoting things. Note that such added text should be only a few words, if that.
- A Quote may be shortened to meet length limitations. If you do this, replace the removed portion with an ellipsis (...).
- Any profanity too strong to use freely in a PG-13 story must be censored. (added 2 November)
- You must have an account and 100 total edits to vote. You must be logged in and your vote must be signed so the administrators can verify voter eligibility.
- Nominees receiving 5 or more Oppose votes may be removed from the ballot at the discretion of the administrators.
- Vote on as many Quotes as you wish, but only once on each. You may not vote for a Quote from your own story. This includes collaborating authors.
- If you nominate a Quote from a story that you did not write or collaborate on, then you may also vote for it.
- A nominated quote must have at least four Support votes to win, or six votes if running unopposed. If no candidate gets enough votes, there will be no Featured Quote for that month. Disallowed "winners" are eligible to run again.
- The following rules must be followed when Opposing a quote:
- You must provide a reason for your vote. "No" and "Sorry" are not reasons.
- Oppose votes that appear to be needlessly harsh or that don't observe basic rules of civility will be deleted. If it's worth saying, it can be said politely.
- Please try to provide constructive criticism. This is the whole point of the Oppose option, because Oppose votes aren't actually counted.
- "I want another quote to win" votes will be deleted. If you want another Quote to win, then cast a Support vote for the other Quote and leave it at that.
- "This isn't funny" is only a valid reason to Oppose if the Quote was meant to be funny. Votes opposing an obviously dramatic quote on the grounds that "it's not funny" will be deleted.
- Your opinion of the character(s) associated with a quote is NOT relevant to the merits of the quote itself. Featured Character is a separate ballot, so don't shoot the message.
- "There are better quotes from this story" votes will be deleted because that's irrelevant to the merits of the Quote that actually got nominated. Remember, you can nominate Quotes from other people's stories--so if you think there's a better Quote that's not on the ballot, then why not nominate it yourself?
In the event of a tie, the ballot will remain open until the tie is broken.
Enter nominations below, with new nominations at the bottom.
Heather... Has Emotions!?!?
"I have everything a girl could ever want. I'm pretty, smart, rich, and popular. I have every reason in the world to be happy," Heather said all this with a slight hint of sarcasm. "So of course I'm totally miserable."
"My lord," Noah mockingly gasped. "You can actually tell the truth to other people."
Heather cracked a slight smile at his comment.
"Wait you have the ability to smile... when you aren't torturing others?" Noah was laying on the sarcasm thick.
Heather actually giggled a bit and then retorted, "Shut up you nerd."
- I've read the story, and it's amazing! Good work! TheBlackBlur (talk) 17:29, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
- I have to agree with Blur. This story is amazing and this quote is perfect XD. ♫♪ I'll do my best not to die cause now I have to say goodbye. ♫♪ 18:31, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
- The story's great! And this quote is fantastic! 🎠 Run Like The Wind 🎠 Life is limited, so if you're given a ticket, board the train 14:21, May 13, 2015 (UTC)
- <3 "A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." 01:17, May 14, 2015 (UTC)
Pwned By Lindsay
"Yeesh. Relax," Gwen said, walking over to the large sliding door. She reached over and tried pushing the door open. No luck. She kicked the door and grunted. "Why is this stupid door not opening?"
"Maybe because you need to read the signs," Lindsay said. She walked over to part of the wall and pushed a large red button that said: 'OPEN'. Upon pressing it, the sliding door popped out of the wall and slid open, revealing a large, fancy looking room.
(Conf), Gwen: Wow. Pwned by Lindsay. That's upsetting.
- Lindsay queen<3 17:55, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Lindsayyyyy <33 ♫♪ I'll do my best not to die cause now I have to say goodbye. ♫♪ 18:26, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Bow down to Lindsay! † RussellSayz † #chatterbox #blog-alicious #thethingsido 07:14, May 8, 2015 (UTC)
- I like it. <3 Alpha Ranger (talk) 14:23, May 10, 2015 (UTC)
- A great quote, especially coming out of Lindsay XD Space was here some time ago and he wrote stuff. 02:29, May 11, 2015 (UTC)
- That moment when Lindsay outwits you. lol "A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." 01:17, May 14, 2015 (UTC)